5 Most Common Dreams
I was inspired to learn more about dreams because I recently had a very bizarre dream about zombies. Dreams are very important. Many people dismiss them as just your imagination running wild, but oftentimes your subconscious is trying to sort out everything that is currently going on in your life and trying to help you deal with it. Your dreams may not be so straightforward though and you may have to think about what's been bothering you or stressing you out lately.
It's important to figure out what your dreams are telling you. They are intuition, the part of ourselves that knows what's best, they warn us, they inspire us, they let us know when we are going off track. So never dismiss them by saying Ã‚Â“it's only a dream.Ã‚Â” They have the answers you need right now for your life. Figure out the main conflict of the dream. How would you describe the main conflict of the dream? Are you trying to get away from something? Are you trying to find something? Are you fighting something? Compare that conflict in the dream to your real-life day before the dream. That could give you clues. If you dreamt of running from a monster Tuesday night, what happened Tuesday?
There are many various different dreams you could have. Here's a list of the five most common dreams and what they mean:
1. Falling: Falling in a dream is an indication of insecurities, instabilities and anxieties. You could be feeling overwhelmed or out of control in your life or some situation.Ã‚Â Falling dreams can also reflect a sense of failure or inferiority in a situation or circumstance in your life. According to Biblical interpretations, falling dreams mean that man is acting and walking according to his own way of thinking and not those of the Lord. You will not actually die if you do not wake up before you hit ground during a fall in a dream.
2. Naked: Dreaming that you are partially or completely naked is fairly common. Nudity can symbolize feelings of vulnerability or feelings of shamefulness. You may be hiding something and you are afraid that others can see right through you. A naked dream could mean that you are trying to be someone or something you are not. Or it could mean you are fearful of being ridiculed and disgraced. Nudity also symbolizes being caught off guard. If no one else seems to notice you are naked in your dream it could mean your fears are unfounded and you are making too big a deal out of something.
3. Being Chased: Chase dreams often stem from feelings of anxiety in your real life. Your actions in the dream will parallel how you respond to pressure and cope with fears or stress. Ask yourself who is the one chasing you so that you can gain understanding on the source of your fears and anxieties. The attacker who is chasing you may also represent some part of yourself. In a dream your feelings of anger, jealousy, fear and even love can assume the appearance of a threatening figure.
4. Teeth falling out: Dreams about your teeth falling out could be a reflection of your anxiety about your appearance and how others see you. These dreams could stem from a fear of sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old. It could also mean you have a fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in a situation. Losing your teeth could also symbolize a loss of power or feeling powerless.
5. Flying: If you have a dream in which you are flying with ease and enjoying it this could suggest you are on top of a situation. You have risen above something or it could mean that you have gained a different perspective on things. Another perspective is that this type of dream could symbolize a strong will and a strong mind. This type of dream leaves you with a great sense of freedom.
To read about more types of dreams or see what many different things in your dreams mean go to the Dream Moods web site.
If you want your dream to be analyzed for free online go to Dream Visions.