100+ Summer Travel, Entertainment, and Tech Discounts for Teachers and Educators
Being a teacher is one of the most important jobs out there. From shaping young minds to offering your guidance, wisdom, and advice, the role of the 3.1 million teachers bolstering our communities in the US simply cannot be understated.
It’s also an incredibly challenging role, demanding long hours in and outside of the workplace and a tremendous amount of planning. Thankfully, in honor of your hard work and your services, there are tons of businesses out there that want to reward you with discounts on stuff like books, school supplies, and even amusement park tickets.
One of the biggest perks of being a teacher is that blissful stretch of summer from June through September when the weather is fine, the chalkboards are clean, and you’re finally, at long last, off-duty.
And, what better way is there to celebrate your seasonal sabbatical than finding some great deals on travel and other summertime goods and services exclusively available for teachers like you?
Well, maybe a cold beer and some barbeque, but you get the point.
That’s why we’ve put together this list of amazing summer deals and discounts that are available exclusively for teachers. Here’s what you’ll get in this guide:
- 6 of our best tips for getting deals as a teacher
- 5 of the top discount programs for teachers
- 100+ incredible deals for beach reads, summer clothes, travel and lodging, entertainment, and back-to-school planning
Tips for finding educator discounts
- If you’re involved in a union or professional teachers association, see if they offer any member benefits like deals on travel or discounts at your favorite retailers.
- Grab an International Teacher ID Card. We’ve got more details on this below, but you can get tons of discounts if you sign up for one of these cards.
- Look out for Teacher Appreciation Days this summer. Some companies may not offer year-round discounts, but a lot of them have specific discount days available for teachers, especially during the summer.
- Keep proof of employment in your wallet or purse. Many of these discounts require verification of some sort, so make sure that you’ve got a school ID, teaching certification, or a recent pay stub on you in case you come across a great teacher-exclusive deal!
- Ask about government rates. Some businesses, particularly hotels, offer special rates for government employees that they’ll extend to public school teachers and educators at state-funded public universities.
- Don’t be afraid to ask! A lot of businesses offer discounts to educators but don’t widely advertise them, so check with clerks, cashiers, and other staff to see what you can round up.
Discount programs for teachers and educators
One of the simplest ways to find discounts is to get linked up with a program that provides exclusive deals for educators. Teachers unions and other professional organizations are a great place to get discounts, but you’ll need to check to see if your school district participates. Otherwise, these are great discount programs and sites you should definitely take a look at:
International Teacher ID Card
The International Teacher ID Card is exclusively for teachers, and gets you access to discounts at over 100,000 locations worldwide. It’s especially useful for folks planning to travel as you can get basic travel insurance coverage with your card.
Plans range from basic coverage for $25 to a more comprehensive plan including mental health coverage and adventure sports, skiing, hiking, and bungee jumping. Here’s a few noteworthy discounts you can get with this card that would be great for a summer adventure:
- 48% off New York CityPass
- 20% off at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- 20% off City Sightseeing in San Francisco
- Up to 25% off Avis car rentals
ID.me offers an online digital wallet and ID verification service for educators and other civil servants. Sign up with them to verify that you work as a teacher, and you’ll get access to thousands of discounts and cashback deals exclusively for educators. These are a couple of their discounts that you should take advantage of this summer:
- Free teacher cards at SeaWorld Orlando
- 10% off the lowest available rate at several Harrah’s, Caesar’s Palace, and Bally’s locations
- One free audiobook from Audiobooks
SheerID lso offers ID verification for educators that can be used to access exclusive discounts. Their selection is a little smaller than ID.me, but they’ve got some great deals nonetheless, including these:
- $60 cash bonus when you sign up for a membership at Costco
- 10% discount on TOMS shoes and other products
- $9.95 for the Microsoft Office Suite
American Association of Educators
The American Association of Educators (AAE) is the largest non-union professional educators association in the US. In addition to receiving great benefits like liability insurance, legal protection, and supplementary insurance, members receive tons of discounts on everyday purchases. That includes discounts at over 150 national attractions and theme parks including:
- Cirque du Soleil
- Universal Studios
- Six Flags
- Walt Disney World
My Education Discount
My Education Discount provides a huge list of discounts available for educators. You can either search through their directory and find deals yourself, or you can sign up for their email list to get regular notifications about discounts. Here’s a couple of their best discounts for summer:
- 10% off at Starwood Resort and Hotels
- 15% off from Advantage Rent-A-Car when you use the code: TEACHER
- Book on the comparison site Hotels.com through My Education Discount and get a 10% rebate after your stay
- Also book through HotelStorm and use the passcode MYEDU to get exclusive discounts and savings
- Free and discounted tickets from all Crayola Experience locations when you use code: EDUCATION
Books, magazine, and newspaper discounts for teachers and educators
You’ve spent an entire school year teaching your students, so summer is a great time to get in some reading of your own. Whether you’re looking for something light and fun to tuck into on the beach or you’re interested in diving into something meatier for your own personal edification, these are some great deals and discounts you can find on books, magazines, and newspapers this summer:
- Barnes and Noble’s main offering is a 20% discount on books for the classroom, however you can get books for yourself at 25% off on their Educator Appreciation Days, plus exclusive discounts in your mailbox when you sign up for their free Educator Program.
- Scholastic: Get special deals and discounts through their Teacher Store online.
- Half Price Books offers a 10% discount for educators year-round when you sign up for their Educators Discount Card.
- Bookmans. Sign up for their Project Educate program to receive 20% off all your purchases.
- Quail Ridge Books. Offers educators a 30% discount on New York Times bestseller hardcovers and a 10% discount on regular purchases.
- Books A Million. Sign up for their BAM! Educator Card either in-store or online to receive exclusive discounts.
- Magazines.com. Get an extra $5 off select subscriptions when you use the code: TEACHERS5OFF.
- New York Times. Get 50% off with their Academic Rate when you sign up with a valid school email.
- Wall Street Journal. Receive a discounted educator rate of $49 annually for print and digital copies of the journal.
- The Washington Post. K-12 teachers as well as college educators get a 50% discount on Washington Post subscriptions when you verify through SheerID.
Clothing and apparel discounts for teachers and educators
Unless you’ve got casual Fridays or a very relaxed school environment, you probably have to dress to impress most days of the school year. Summer’s a great time to switch up your wardrobe and keep it cool and casual. Check out these clothing and apparel discounts:
- Banana Republic. Get 15% off with a valid teacher ID. Even better: you can save 25% on your first purchase when you sign up for their mailing list.
- J. Crew. Receive a 15% discount on online orders when you verify through SheerID.
- Ashley Stewart. Teachers get a 10% discount when you verify through ID.me.
- Champion and Hanes. Educators receive a 10% discount with ID.me verification.
- Christopher and Banks. Get 10% off some in-store purchases with a valid ID.
- Cole Haan. Receive 15% off online when you register with a valid .edu email address.
- DC Shoes. SheerID members receive a 15% discount.
- Dr. Scholl’s. Teachers get a 20% discount online when you use the code: TEACHFOR20.
- Dress Barn. Join their Teacher’s Loyalty Program to get 15% off purchases.
- Karen Kane. Teachers receive a 20% discount.
- Land’s End. Get a 15% discount in-store with a valid teacher ID.
- Madewell. Teachers receive a 15% discount in-store with a valid ID.
- Nine West. SheerID members receive an extra 10% off orders.
- Overstock. ID.me verified teachers receive a free membership to their rewards program, ClubO (usually $19.95 per year).
- Quiksilver. SheerID members get a 15% discount on purchases.
- Roxy. SheerID members get 15% off purchases.
- Saucony. Teachers receive 20% off your first purchase, get a special birthday gift, and get entered into a monthly contest to win free shoes when you verify with ID.me.
- Sperry. Join their Teacher VIP Program to get 15% off all orders, a free $10 gift card after your first purchase, and many more perks.
Travel and hotel discounts for teachers and educators
Summer is nothing without a fabulous vacation to sweeten the deal. Whether you’re planning a cruise, taking a road trip, or heading out somewhere to visit family, these deals on travel and lodging can save you some serious coin
- Contiki. Save $75 on any Contiki trip of seven days or more with valid teacher ID.
- Vacations To Go. Provides listings of teacher discount events on Costa Cruises, Pullmantur, and MSC Cruises.
- CheapAirportParking.org. Get a 20% discount on airport parking through My Education Discount when you use the code: MYEDU.
- Sixt Rent-A-Car. Educators, students, and school employees receive a 5% discount on all US car rentals when you book online.
- E-Z Rent-A-Car. Teachers and school employees receive a 10% discount at select locations.
- Country Inn and Suites. Teachers can get a special educators rate through My Education Discount when you use corporate ID: 27707.
- Caesar’s Resorts and Hotels. Educators can get a 10% discount at many Caesar’s, Harrah’s, and Bally’s locations when you verify with ID.me.
- Tradewinds Resorts. Teachers receive at least 10% and up to 50% off their best available rates on select dates during the summer. Offers are available at their Island Grand and Guy Harvey Outpost locations.
- Preferred Hotels and Resorts. Teachers get a summer discount of 20% off their best available rate at locations across the US.
- Hawk’s Cay Resort (FL). Educators get a 15% discount on room rates. Bookings are being taken now for August 15, 2018 and beyond.
- Westgate Resorts. Teachers get a 10% discount at their resort locations throughout the US when you use the code: EDUCATORS10.
- Disney World Swan and Dolphin. Offers exclusive discounts for teachers. Book online or call 1-888-828-8850 to find out their rates.
- Disney Springs Hotels. Get special discounted Teacher Appreciation rates during the summer starting at $85 per night.
- Gaylord Marriott Hotels. Offers special Educator Appreciation rates at their locations in Washington, D.C., Nashville, Orlando, and Dallas/Ft. Worth.
- Hilton Orlando. This summer, teachers can get a 20% discount on room rates plus a $50 resort credit.
- Enclave Hotel and Suites (Orlando, FL). Teachers get a 25% discount on rooms year-round.
- Galleria Palms Hotel (Orlando, FL). Get a 15% discount on your room rates with valid ID.
- Lake Buena Vista Resort (Orlando, FL). Also offers discounted rates for educators year-round.
- Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria Orlando. Get summer Teacher Appreciation rates starting at $119 at the Hilton Bonnet Creek, plus special discounts including 10% off dining at the Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria Orlando, 20% greens fees discount at the Waldorf Astoria Golf Club, and free dinner plus 50% off breakfast for kids.
- Radisson Martinique (NYC). Teachers get 20% off their best available rates plus a welcome treat, late checkout at 2pm, and exclusive discounts and store coupons at Macy’s.
- Prince Resort (Myrtle Beach). Educators, teachers, and homeschool parents receive a discounted rate using promo code: TEAC.
- Tilghman Beach and Resort (Myrtle Beach). Teachers receive a 15% discount off your stay.
- Mermaid Cottages (Georgia). Educators receive a 5% discount year-round using the code: EDUCATOR. They are also offering a special 10% discount for teachers from August 5-30 when you use the code: EDUEOS.
- Arizona Grand Resort & Spa (Phoenix). Educators get a 20% discount off their nightly room rates.
- The Camby Hotel (Phoenix). Summer teacher rates are available starting at $99.
- Teachers Travel Web. This home-exchange site connects teachers to house sit or exchange homes with one another, typically at no charge. You can sign up for their site now for a 15-20€ annually to get started.
Amusement parks and entertainment discounts for teachers and educators
Sure, school field trips are one way to see the sights, but summers are for hitting up some of the coolest zoos, amusement parks, and attractions without bringing the kiddos along. Check out these amazing deals on attractions and entertainment exclusively for teachers:
OTL Seat FIllers
OTL Seat Fillers helps fill seats that otherwise would have been empty at comedy shows, plays, concerts, and other events. Teachers receive a three-month starter membership for just $22 which includes two free seats to tons of different shows in cities across the US.
A number of different attractions have pooled together in the Orlando area to offer educator discounts throughout the summer. These are the deals you can get:
- SeaWorld Orlando. All Florida K-12 educators get a free pass for unlimited visits through August 31, 2018.
- Florida Teacher Pass. Florida K-12 teachers get free admission to LEGOLAND Florida Resort, Madame Tussaud’s Orlando, and SEA LIFE Orlando.
- Kennedy Space Center. Offers K-12 Florida, Georgia, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands teachers complimentary access with their Educator Study Pass.
- Orlando Science Center. Florida educators K-12 get a free pass with proof of employment.
- Orlando Broadway Across America. Use code: schoolbroadway to receive discounted rates on tickets to their shows.
- Florida Aquarium. Florida teachers K-12 can get free admission for a year through their Teacher Study Program to help you plan a future field trip.
- The Ringling Museum (Sarasota, FL). Florida teachers get a discounted admission of $10.
- Art Institute of Chicago. Illinois K-12 educators and homeschool parents get free admission when you request a voucher here.
- Field Museum of Chicago. Illinois preschool through high school teachers get free Basic admission to the museum.
- Shedd Aquarium (Chicago). Educators from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin can sign up to receive a free general admission ticket to the aquarium.
- Carnegie Science Center. Offers one free admission per year to preschool – 12th grade teachers from schools in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, New York, and Maryland when you complete this form.
- Philadelphia Zoo. Register for the Educator Pass starting on August 1, 2018 to receive a single free admission to plan a future field trip during the 2018-2019 school year.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art. K-12 educators receive a $30 discount on their annual membership which gets you free access to the museum, guest passes for $10, and discounts on programs, shopping, and dining. They also offer low-cost workshops for teachers.
- Denver Art Museum. Teachers get a discounted rate on annual memberships which gets you free admission to the museum year-round.
- Boston Children’s Museum. Free admission for active New England teachers (K-8) from Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Maine.
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. Members of the Massachusetts Teachers Association get 50% off tickets or buy one, get one free adult admission.
- Museum of Science Boston. Join the Teacher Partner Program to get free Individual Exhibit Hall admission, free pre-field-trip passes to the Mugar Omni Theater, the Charles Hayden Planetarium, the 4-D Theater, and the Butterfly Garden, $10 off a new membership, a 10% discount at the store, and more.
- New England Aquarium. New England-based K-12 educators are eligible to get the Teacher Pass which gets you free aquarium admission, discount IMAX tickets, 10% off memberships, and 10% off at the gift store and the Harbor View Cafe.
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science (Dallas, TX). Educators from Texas and bordering states get one free admission to the museum plus 15% off annual memberships.
- The Tech Museum of California (San Jose). Teachers get a $15 discount on annual membership which includes free admission for you, discounted guest tickets, and reduced rates on museum attractions.
- SeaWorld San Diego. California and Arizona K-12 teachers can sign up for their complimentary Teacher Fun Card and get two free single-day tickets.
Discounts on electronics, supplies, and classroom resources for teachers and educators
Once you’ve gotten all of your travel in and squeezed every last drop out of your summer freedom, it’s time to get back to reality. A number of electronic, office, and education supply stores can help you wrap up summer with some deals on your back-to-school needs:
- Apple. Teachers get discounted Education Pricing on Apple products including laptops, desktops, tablets, and music players.
- Samsung. Educators and students can get discounts on the latest Samsung TVs, phones, appliances, and tablets including 20% off the Galaxy S8, S8+, or Note8 smartphones.
- Lenovo. Teachers and students can receive up a 10% discount on all Thinkpad items and a 5% discount on all Ideapad laptops.
- Crayola. Get these free professional resources from Crayola to help develop yourself professionally and get ideas and lesson plans for teaching your kids creatively.
- PBS. Offers free and low-cost resources including professional development courses, productivity tools, lesson plans, and more. It might seem a little boring, but summer’s a great time to brush up!
- The Container Store. Get exclusive deals through their Organized Teacher discount program. Just fill out their registration form and you’ll receive your first offer redeemable in-store or online.
- GelPro. Teachers receive a 25% discount on GelPro mats which are designed to help you stand on your feet all day more comfortably.
- Naked Binder. Educators receive a special discount on their eco-friendly binder products. Email email@example.com or call 877-446-2533 for more information.
- Office Max/Office Depot. While they don’t offer specific teacher discounts, you should check out their rewards program to get members-only savings, 2% back on all your purchases, and a $2 recycling credit for bringing in ink and toner cartridges.
- Pencils.com. Sign up for their Teacher/Educator Discount Program to receive 10% off your online orders.
- A.C. Moore Arts and Crafts. Teachers receive a 15% discount on your purchases when you present valid proof of employment.
- Joann Fabrics. Join the Teachers Rewards Program to get a 15% discount on all of your purchases.
- Michael’s. Get 15% off your in-store purchases when you show a valid educator ID.
For most of the teachers out there, the summer’s only just begun, and you’ve got plenty of time left to take full advantage. These discounts are a great way to explore and have a blast while sticking to your budget. So, get out there, grab some sun, and enjoy all that summer has to offer!
Interested in finding more ways to save on everyday purchases and items? Check out this resource with over 200 different discounts and savings exclusively for teachers.
Having a good education is important to one's success in life. Education is the key to success, without a good education you will find it hard to achieve success in one's life. A good education is important because you will be able to think for yourself and communicate intelligently to other people. Persons who don`t have a good education background will have a difficult time finding jobs and also will earn less money. If a person is unable to reason and think for himself then that person will have problem in finding and keeping a job. They will not be very successful in life until they improve their educational background. Jobs are hard to get, and the employers will seek the most qualified and intelligent person to fill the vacancy because of the competition out there.
It is never too late to get an education, once you gained a good education background it stays with you for life. So if you need to improve or get a good education now. Most jobs are not employing people with the basic education from high school anymore or unless you want very low paying job that can't meet your needs. To achieve success in one's life you need to start by attending college or university to achieve a degree or diploma. Remember the focus here is how you can achieve success in one's life. Well you can start by achieving a certificate,diploma and degree. So, you can start from the bottom to the top. Having a good education is an investment like owning a house or a car. Once you invest your time and money in your education you will reap the huge reward what it will give you in life.
Why is education so significant?
The thing that strikes me about education is knowledge acquired. Education gives us the perspective of the things around us. Education help us to look at our lives and learn from every experiences. The future of a country is safe in the hands of educated peoples. Education is important for the economic growth of our countries. It fosters principles of socialism and equality. A person can't be a complete man without a good education. Education also builds your self esteem and how you view yourself. A person with a good education background will have more confident when approaching a new job and also when interacting with people.
Teachers are very special. Saying “thank you” to teacers/lecturers is the very least yet very sweet and thoughtful that we can do. Teachers are among the greatest people in our world; they are devoted and fully committed when it comes to nurturing one’s learning.
Here is a collection of some splendid thank you messages that you can send to your lecturers or teacher. Read on to find the perfect thank you message for your dear lecturer and teacher.
1 Thank you for being such a good lecturer. You have educated me countless lessons in academic as well as lessons in life as well! I really value you in so many ways because without having you my dear teacher, I’m nothing!
2 Hello Teacher (name). You are such an inspiration to me! You’re teachings are great and indeed very useful in my life. Thank you for being so dedicated in your job.
3 Thank you for everything! We are so lucky to have a lecturer like you!
4 Hello to my dearest teacher! I just want to thank you for being so kind and dedicated. I’m always excited to attend you lecture, because I’m sure that I’m going to learn again something new and interesting. Thank you and God bless you dear teacher!
5 Good day to you teacher (name)! This message is to simply thank you! You enlighten me through your teachings! I will always be thankful to you for making my future brighter. Thank you and indeed you are amazing!
6 Hello teacher (name)! You are the best! Just wanna say thank you for becoming a great lecturer for me! Every day is a meaningful day because of you! Thank you!
7 Your motivating words and phrases and as well as your emotional gestures have made me what I am and who I am. “Thank you” is the exact words that are perfect for you! Thank you dear teacher (name)! You are amazing indeed!
8 Thank you my teacher! I always learn from you that makes me a better person almost every single day. You are great and a wonderful person to look up to. Thank you for everything and I hope this simple thank you message from me, makes you feel happy and overwhelmed. God bless you more teacher (name)!
9 Without a great lecturer like you, I could have been lost. Thanks for your effort in guiding me, motivating me and most importantly for making me exactly what I am today.
10 I may not express this at all times. Yet, I truly mean it when I say thank you teacher for the countless things you have done for us.
11 Many thanks to you teacher (name)! You have always brought us on the right path. We will never forget you. Whatever
success we might have achieved in our future it’s because you have been a wonderful teacher for us. Thank you again!
12 I found friendship, guidance, discipline and love, and almost everything in just one person. And that fantastic person is you (name of your teacher).
Take time to appreciate your dear teachers and make them feel that they are such a special person in your life. Say thanks to your favorite lecturer or teacher by sending any of this thank you messages. Also check Teacher Appreciation sayings
If you are a looking for messages to thank the nursery teacher of your kid, then you have reached the right spot. In this article you will find an excellent collection of thank you messages for nursery teachers. Read on to find the best message to convey your gratitude and thanks to the nursery teachers.
When you observe that your child is singing the Alphabet Song and reciting 1-10 numbers then, you should be thankful to your child’s nursery teacher. Here is a beautiful selection of great thank you messages for nursery teachers.
1 Many thanks to you teacher (name). My child (name) continues to be very smart recently. At home, I can even hear him/her singing the alphabet song and reciting a nice short-poem. Thank you so much Teacher (name) for all your efforts and dedication in teaching your nursery pupils including my son/ daughter.
2 Good day Teacher (name)! I’m the mommy of (name of the child) and I would like to personally thank you for doing such a good job. I can tell that my son/daughter is indeed growing wiser and intelligent and thus, he knows how to be confident enough doing such things. Thank you again Teacher (name)! God bless you more!
3 To all the teachers in nursery level; this message is to simply thank you for all the kindness and support for my son/daughter (name) during his/her three years of stay in your school.
4 Thank you very much Teacher (name)! Because my child truly enjoys her/his stay with you. You teach effectively because every day I can hear my son/daughter reciting a poem, counting numbers and even she/he is now confident speaking English. That’s really a big learning for my little one.
5 Thank you Teacher (name)! You help and guide my son/daughter every single day in building the foundation of his/her knowledge. My child in now showing full-confidence to achieve some things such as dancing, singing and reciting a poem. And you are the reason behind these wonderful achievements. Thank you!
6 My son/daughter is so happy at nursery class every day. You have helped her/him to build up her confidence a lot. Thank you very much!
7 Generally I’m very happy with my child’s every day progress report! Special thanks to his/her nursery teacher. Because of your
dedication, love and guidance our children truly gained essential learning that they should know.
8 Teacher (name), as a parent of (name of the child), I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for the excellent achievements and leanings you have imparted to my son/ daughter progress. You’re a beautiful person who was able to established favorable journey in their lives.
Teaching job is hard a task and need full-commitment of time and effort once you have entered this kind of profession. So in return and as a reward for our heroes, why not thank them? A simple thank you will make them feel that they are special and delight their hearts someway.
Hope this collection of selected thank you messages for nursery teachers wil help you to convey your thanks and gratitude to the nursery teacher of your kid. Also check Thank You Messages for Teachers: Teacher Appreciation Sayings.